Welcome to March 2014 edition of Newsletter.
In this 26th issue of our newsletter we delightedly notify you that Project Controls Online (PCO)
has not only increased its membership base substantially, but also marked its presence on all social
media with a significant growth in its followers over a very short period of time. This wouldn’t have
been possible without your constant support. Hence we thank all our members and practitioners.
In this edition of newsletter we would like to introduce you to the new features that we have
introduced to PCO.
Let's start with some of the recent updates on PCO
We are persistently putting our best effort in making this section more accessible to all project
controls professional. We have now made almost all video training modules FREE of all charges.
Please visit our Video Library section to take a look at our list of available training programs.
ProjectControlsOnline (PCO), is constantly working to improve its content layout and design for the end user benefit and ease of use and as well as to accommodate in more features for the community.
However, we have not stopped here, and taking a stride in making PCO the largest project controls
video database. The other features, i.e., Premium Library and Free Library have also been made
better for your convenience.
Important note: Members must be logged in to view these video.
PCO continues to attract Project Controls job postings from all over the world. Check out some of the fresh roles below –
We are continually making our best efforts to keep this section updated with the most recent blogs.
Hence, we recommend all our members to visit this section frequently and make best use of this
feature not just for expanding your knowledge but also to share it with the community. This is also
a great location to expand the reach of your profile that may help you in achieving your career
objectives. Check our latest additions to this section-
For full list of new additions, please visit our blog section
Project Controls Expo 2013 presentations:
We are glad to announce that all the presentations and videos of Expo 2013 have been made
publicly available and could be now viewed on PCO Info-pad, (under Event Proceedings). In
addition to this, our You Tube channel is also updated now with videos from Expo 2013.
We have been working on Jokes section for quite sometimes now, and have come up with this new
idea of extending a bit of fun and relaxation time to our fellow project controls professionals. All
our fellow members and project controls practitioners can now share a joke or a fun-filled article
which would help the community to relax. Please visit our Jokes section today to know more and
Project Controls Expo 2014 – Organised by PCO
Sponsors and Exhibitors, who wish to mark their presence at this exclusive show, can contact us at info@ProjectControlsExpo.com and we will be glad to help.
We are proud to announce the launch of Project Controls Expo 2014 - Our 4th event with the clear
objective of providing significant practical and theoretical awareness on Project Controls process,
tools and techniques to its stakeholders which is now happening on 18th Nov 2014 at Emirates
Arsenal Stadium, London.
So, don't miss this chance and register to be a part of this exciting event. For your convenience, here are some links
EVA 19 "Agile Benefits Complex Portfolio" – Organised by Steve Wake
The EVA conference recognises Earned Value as the best way to integrate cost and time and the
best way to monitor status and inform management for decision making. EVA is a conference
organised by a project management practitioner for project management practitioners and
stakeholders. The material is delivered, wherever possible by practitioners who actually have the
experience of doing the job.
Some key aspects of this event -
Please find out more on this event by visiting its Agenda, Venue, Speakers and Workshops If
interested please register at the earliest as there are very limited seats. For any further information,
please contact Steve Wake at email@example.com.
- It emphasises on people skills.
- It illustrates with examples from the biggest most complex projects on the planet.
- It is mostly concerned with managing change and making it work. Bridging the knowing- doing gap.
- It recognises the plurality of views about projects and welcomes input from unusual, unknown or unexpected directions.
- It is great for networking.
- It is not in thrall to its sponsors and yet remains on very good terms with them and welcomes their continued support.
- It recognises that women do project management too. And very well!!
- It remains fiercely independent and is attended by people who want to be there.
We are working on a feature offering modular structured Project Controls training spreads across a series of modules covering full spectrum of Project Controls comprising all its base elements such as, Planning & Scheduling, Change Management, Risk Management and others. Please continue to visit PCO to know updates on this unique offering.
Partner Announcements/News -
EcoSys is fast becoming the global standard for enterprise Project Controls software. Our easy-to-use web-based platform, EcoSys EPC, helps organizations worldwide plan and manage project portfolios, control project costs, and improve project performance.
Latest News from EcoSys:
EcoSys EPC has been selected by CH2M HILL’s Centre for Project Excellence to serve as the global Cost Management System (CMS) for all client projects. Through its integrated and scalable enterprise project controls software, EcoSys will help CH2M HILL to more effectively manage project costs, earned value, progress measurement, and contract changes. Read more.
Download New Case Study: AREVA Inc. Improves Project Certainty with EVM Standardization Initiative
In 2011, AREVA successfully implemented EcoSys EPC for controlling one of the company’s largest engineering services projects. As a result, the US project management organization (PMO) selected EcoSys EPC as their enterprise standard for project controls and EVM. Download Case Study .
ProjCon offers the best industry specific Project Controls training to a wide range of industry professionals. ProjCon consultants work with Client to enhance their Project Controls capability that allows them to deliver positive outcomes. Our comprehensive array of products and services provide powerful, affordable solutions to virtually all aspects of the Project Controls.
ProjCon's specialist & exclusive trainings are led by trainers who have real life Project Controls experience with considerable knowledge of implementing integral project control systems. Some of our courses are –
- Integrated Project Controls Framework (Reference # 100A)
- Planning, Scheduling & Earned Value Management (Reference # 101A)
- Introduction to Cost Engineering (Reference # 102A)
- Introduction to Cost Estimating (Reference # 102B)
- Introduction to Factor Estimating (Reference # 102C)
- Introduction to Estimation of Engineering (Reference # 102D)
- Project Risk Analysis & Management (Reference # 104A)
- Project Change Control & Management (Reference #105A)
- Oracle Primavera Overview (Reference # 201A)
- Oracle Primavera Resource Management (Reference # 202A)
- Acumen Fuse Training (Reference # 204A)
Salvo Global is organising two project management Masterclasses with the goal of enabling project professionals to master practical strategies and techniques to achieve integrated scope, ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget while ensuring accuracy and risk-assurance.
1) Fully aligned with Project Management Institute’s Body of Knowledge and presented by Frank Parth, President of Project Auditors LLC and a member of the Board of Directors for PMI, Salvo Global’s 3-day "Integrated Project Control" Masterclass enables project professionals to master practical strategies and tools to achieve integrated scope, budget, and schedule management so as to deliver successful projects.
Program Title: Integrated Project Control scheduled for 26 – 28 March 2014
2) 3-day Masterclass on Project Auditing & Risk Assurance for Infrastructure, Energy & Utilities Projects consists of powerful tools and techniques that will help organizations work through projects more effectively, efficiently and productively, at the same time ensuring that the project is risk-assured. Case studies conducted after each session will enhance understanding and smooth application of what was taught. The outcome will be a positive impact on the organizations’ bottom-line. This is the right time for organizations to invest in project audits!
Program Title: Project Auditing & Risk Assurance for Infrastructure, Energy & Utilities Projects scheduled for 31 March to 2 April 2014.
Last but not the least; we'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your unwavering support to PCO. We continue to look forward to your active participation as we move forward.
Have a good day and keep up your good work!
P.S. As ever, we welcome your feedback.