Definition of Change Management:
- Trend/Change: A item of change that causes an addition or reduction to cost baseline
- Scope Change Trend : An item of change to the project scope, schedule or plant quality requested by Client or recommended by contractor, or required by regulatory Agencies
Key Change Program Attributes:
- Early Identification
- Informed Decision Making
- Timely Decision Making
- No Surprises
To excercise the change control, the MUST documents are Contract Documents, Technical Scope document, Execution Plan and daily updated Change Register. Rememeber to never promote any unauthorised work and get paid for all the work done. To achieve the same, actively seek out changes and analyise project correspondance for potential changes.
The Scope Change Process Objectives:
- Early Identification of an impending change in the scope of work
- Accurate evaluation and prompt notification to management and the client of the scope change with its resulting impact on cost and schedule
- Compliance with the terms and conditions specific to scope changes in the prime contract
- Generation and maintenance of a complete record of all scope changes and client action which will serve as a basis for contract amendments
- Ensuring that your company is correctly compensated for all work performed
Elements of Scope Change:
- Client-directed changes to any previous client- approved document issued to design or construction.
- Additions or deletions of equipment or any material quantities resulting from client direction.
- Client-imposed restrictions to cash flow or staffing levels or construction equipment utilisation.
- Inadequate client-furnished utilities such as telephone lines that do not support electronic data transmission