Managing Over-allocated Resources in Primavera Software
Primavera Software overview
One of the most common problems associated with a project is the overallocation of a company’s resources.
Over-allocated Resources portlet in Primavera Software Release 8 dashboard
Successful Project Management requires balancing the triple constraints of Schedule, Resources, and Costs. Primavera P6 Release 8’s dashboard provides many tools to facilitate effective Resource Management. There are three steps that one must consider when managing resources.
- The first step in effective Resource Management is to identify those resources that are over-allocated.
- The next step is to identify when those over-allocations occur.
- Then it is critical to identify the activities contributing to the over-allocation so that intelligent decisions can be made to correct the problem.
These steps can all be performed in the Over- allocated Resources portlet.
Over-allocated resource portlet in Primavera P6 Release 8
Identifying and correcting resource overallocation in Primavera software
There are four steps in solving the problem of resource over allocation.
- Replace the over-allocated resource with an available resource
- Increase the resource’s workweek
- Increase the hours per day that the resource works
- Assign additional resources to the activity
For a more complete guide on managing overallocation read the full article on our blog here: http://mssprojectsanalytics.com/blog/bid/222545/Managing-Over-allocated-Resources-in-Primavera-Software